Can't Leave Alone Bars
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes + cooling
Makes: 3 dozen
These bars truly live up to their name. Every time I bring them to a gathering, they are the first to go, and I am always asked for the recipe.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegtable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs together in a bowl using a fork until just blended. Divide mixture in half.
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until melted, 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Press half the cake mixture into a 9x13-inch pan; pour chocolate mixture over cake mixture. Take a small handful of remaining cake mixture and flatten between your hands; lay atop chocolate layer. Repeat with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Click here for the orignal recipe